- Launch the updated Joint Principles for Adaptation v. 3 and promote it as a useful tool in promoting equitable and pro-poor adaptation frameworks
- Share our lessons over the past two years of using the JPA – through the report “Putting Principles into Practice”
- Meet and interact between SV-Adapt networks and friends, and plan joint efforts in the coming years – in particular at the Southern Voices evening on December 7.
Southern Voices organized the following events:
Monday 7th: Southern Voices evening
On the evening of December 7, Southern Voices had a meeting and dinner together with partners and friends. The meeting focused on how the JPA have been put into practice up until now – by partners as well as other civil society organizations – drawing on the new report Putting Principles into Practice. Lessons learnt, challenges and future prospects of the JPA – after COP21 – were also discussed. Read about tne SV evening.
Other relevant activities / events
Apart from the events already mentioned, there were a number of other relevant events and activities during COP21 on issues related to adaptation plans and policies – where the JPA were presented by SVA-partners.
Among other sessions, the SV-Adapt were present at the following events:
- The Nairobi Work Programme (NWP) annual meeting for focal points 30 November, where we volunteered to join a new working group for determining the future course of the NWP – and in particular for linking local – national and international adaptation efforts (Peter, Vositha Herbert)
- Yussif Nafisatu from ABANTU Ghana contributed in a side-event “Green Climate Fund: How to address the adaptation needs of the most vulnerable” co-organized by PACJA and CARE Green Climate Fund: How to address the adaptation needs of the most vulnerable
- Minh Nguyen from CCWG Vietnam presented the JPA at the event “Climate Change Adaptation: Lesson and needs” in the Vietnam Pavillon on 8 December
- Tania Guillén Bolanos, from Centro Humboldt Nicaragua, presented the JPA – en espanol- in the Indigenous Pavillon at the Climate Generation Area on 7th December