Membership and structure
The 7 members of Board of Directors with 29 domestic and international member organizations and 4 observers through our general member meeting and Board of Directors govern our Network. The Network Coordinator and the Network Assistant carry out daily management of the Network, while strategic focuses are guided by our strategic plan/activity in consultation based on participatory approach with our members and the Board of Directors.
Areas of work
In general, we work towards influencing national climate change policies by; facilitating information-sharing and capacity-building, improving coordination among our members, enhancing public awareness and participation; and improving dialogue between donors, private sector, academia and government.
In specific, we strive towards
• promoting civil society as a lead voice on climate change issues, through information sharing, knowledge management, capacity building and awareness raising among members and communities, as well as vulnerable groups;
• improving coordination on climate change related activities and information management; and
• influencing the climate change agendas of the Government.
Examples of advocacy (2011-12) and plans for 2013
• Invited by the Cambodian government to provide inputs on the draft Cambodia, Climate Change Strategy Plan (CCCSP), Cambodia's Statements for UNFCCC on Climate Change, development of Climate Change Communication in Cambodia, PPCR Phase 1 consultations, and etc.
• Advocating to NGOs and development partners to work collectively to allow collective voices from people and vulnerable communities.
• Facilitating in capacity building and community (including people groups) to advocate through national and international platforms/forums against development that creates much local environmental change and global CC.
• Advocating to donors states, and governments for higher proportion of fund to CSOs and to adaptation and for mitigation of climate change through international climate change negotiation, including Conference of Parties under UNFCCC, joint global movements, and etc.
• Advocating for implementation of international climate change related policies inside Cambodia and internationally, through international climate change negotiation, including Conference of Parties under UNFCCC, joint global movements, and etc.
• Supporting media (Gov't and private) to advocate on CC related issues (early warning and information sharing) to Gov't to be more responsible.